The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask



In the fight against my oily skin I wanted a sort of 'deep clean' product which I could use every now and again on a pamper night to clean out my pores. This is the perfect product for that and I am so glad I found it. It claims to draw out impurities and clarify the skin. I can clarify that this mask does in fact do that! 

It is an extremely thick formula which I love to apply to my skin - it's also very refreshing as it always tends to be quite cold. You just apply a thin layer to your face, I usually concentrate on my T-zone and my chin, leave for 10 minutes and wash off. When I look in the mirror after the 10 minutes the clay has kind of dried up around my individual pores - leaving a spotted pattern in the clay - the spots being my pores (I hope that makes sense). I really like how this happens as I feel like it shows that it has dried the oil out of my pores - I don't even know if that's what it does/is meant to do but it feels good anyhow. For this reason I don't know if this would be the best mask to try on dry skin as it does feel extremely drying.

After washing it off my face feels firm and my skin feels really clear and I have noticed quite a big difference in my oily T-zone since using this. I really love this product and find myself using it a lot more often than I probably should! I'm very keen to try other products in the seaweed range.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible, I love a good mask and I'm glad this is a product I actually have access to! Great post :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE-LOVE seaweed masks and I didn't even know that body shop has one too. thank you for yet another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the hunt for new face masks! Thanks for this review, i'm going to pick this up on my next wander through town :)
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete