Philip Kingsley Elasticizer



I do realise exactly how unforgivably, unfashionably late I am to this party. I'm talking party over, everyone's gone home and is tucked up in bed with progressively sore (incredibly soft haired) heads! But I'm sure there are people out there who, as I was, are still sceptical about this pricey hair mask which so many before us have named a 'holy-grail' product and demanded we all try.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer (no matter how many times I type that word I still keep having to check the spelling!) is a pre-shampoo treatment that claims to add elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine to hair. I have mentioned before that I am on the hunt for a product which will transform my hair from the dry, brittle mess that it is into long, luxurious locks - preferably without breaking the bank which isn't a box that I would say this product usually ticks. However, I spotted this 75ml version in the Feel Unique sale after Christmas for around £10 which I figured was a good opportunity to see what all the fuss was about!

You simply apply the cream formula to wet hair (not yet washed) and leave for 10-20 minutes. (I usually leave for 30 - I don't know why. I just like to!)  If you have finer hair it says to apply to the mid-lengths and ends which is what I tend to do. The instructions to say to put a plastic cap over your hair for the duration of the 10/20/30 mins, and I have read reviews before where people mention that theirs came with a cap so I don't know if this comes with the bigger sizes of the product? But anyway, mine didn't come with a plastic cap so I popped on a shower cap which I imagine has the same effect.

As soon as I remove the cap my hair instantly feels so smooth and soft and tangle free. I almost don't want to  use shampoo and conditioner through fear that the feeling will disappear - which it sometimes does depending on which shampoo and conditioner I use. However, as soon as I blow-dry and style my hair the amazingly soft texture returns and the difference is really noticeable. My hair is frizz free, soft, manageable and before, I didn't really know what PK meant by 'elasticity' but now I think I do. My hair doesn't break half as much when I'm running the brush through and styling.

I've been using this once a week purely because I wanted to make it last and the tube lasted me 5/6 treatments. I have sadly come to the end of this little tube but I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as I can. Anyone who is looking for a miracle hair product you really should try this, at least in this small version which is great as it means you don't have to fork out for the full size product when you're not even sure if you'll like it (but I'm almost sure you will!).

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I like your blog very much. I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. xoxxx Andie
    www.couragetoenter.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh wow sounds interesting! :) I'll take a look now xx

      Delete